Friday, December 19, 2008

Bell Tower


Twice in meetings today (one that just wrapped up this evening) I was reminded that a zillion people drive by Grace every day on the Sam Houston Tollway (I actually have no idea of the number but it must be close to a zillion). In both of those meetings comments were made along the lines of:

I used to drive by everyday on the Tollway and I had no idea there was a school here… (or) I had no idea of all that was going on inside…”

For years there’s been a vision – which I love – of a “bell tower” fronting the Tollway that would “tell” everyone – the zillion people who drive by – who we are and what we are doing.
I’ve begun praying that God might provide a way to make this vision a reality (and the architect in me is doodling towers in my journal).

No comments:

Post a Comment