Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Weather and Wednesday @ Mountaintop

This latest (and hopefully last) round of winter weather has created a great deal of uncertainty for many of us.  During the weather event two weeks ago we discovered that the hill leading up to the church ices quickly and thaws slowly and can very rapidly become impassable.

There are unconfirmed rumors that some of our staff have been practicing luge runs on the hill in preparation for the 2018 Winter Olympics.

Everyone’s safety is important to us and we will always err on the side of caution when making decisions about programming that requires travel.  To be effective in our communications we need to make decisions in advance with the best information we have available.

With that in mind we have determined to cancel all programming and services at Mountaintop this evening (Tuesday) and tomorrow evening (Wednesday).

Vestavia Hills appears to be right on the forecast line for winter weather tomorrow afternoon and evening and there is a real potential for our “hill” to be difficult to navigate over the next couple of evenings.

Our church offices have been open today and if weather permits will be open during portions of tomorrow.

The forecast for the weekend looks awesome – so use these “snow days” to make invitations to join us on the mountaintop for worship.

And please stay safe and warm and use good judgment if you must travel and we will look forward to seeing you on Sunday (and in Pyeongchang in 2018).

No comments:

Post a Comment