Monday, February 15, 2010

Soles4Souls in Haiti

One of the tangible needs right now in Haiti is shoes. Imagine a nation covered with the rubble and debris of an earthquake and it’s easy to understand that being barefoot is potentially dangerous.

Grace is responding to the needs in Haiti in a variety of ways and responding to the need for shoes through a shoe drive to support Soles4Souls.

I’ve agreed to donate my favorite basketball shoes – a pair a bright purple Nike hightops (only worn 4 times and only on the court) – if the Grace family and friends will dontale 4,999 pairs.

You can find more information about how to donate shoes at http://www.houstonsgrace.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=556&Itemid=324

I’m going to miss my purple shoes (I hope)!

PS – I have purple basketball shoes because they were all out of orange!

No comments:

Post a Comment