Last week I asked friends to suggest New Year’s resolutions I might consider as we begin a new decade. Their suggestions included:
· Write an actual letter each week to a friend
· Stay away from facebook (ironically posted on facebook by a childhood friend I only communicate with via facebook)
· Cut out all sugar drinks and snacks. Treadmill/elliptical 3 miles every other day.
· Write a sermon that ties together St. Thomas Aquinas, The Office and Van Halen in the space of two paragraphs (this is a challenge worth considering)
· Greet your assistant with a smile and a Starbucks every morning. (suggested of course by my Starbucks addicted assistant)
I think I’ll continue to work on a few resolutions of my own (Though the St. Thomas/Office?Van Halen sermon is tempting).
One resolution I’m sure will make my final list is a commitment to more faithful engagement to social networking.
A blog post on 01.01.10 is a good start…