Friday, January 22, 2010

Extreme Ironing

I didn’t believe this when I heard about it – so I checked for myself.

In the ever increasing effort for adventure there is a group that has dedicated themselves to extreme ironing.

Extreme Ironing

It began in 1997 when Phil Shaw (nicked-named Steam, of course) of Leicester, England decided to combine his love for rock climbing with a need for a freshly pressed shirt. In that decision Extreme Ironing was born. Today the EII (Extreme Ironing International) and the GEIS (German Extreme Ironing Section) govern the “sport.”

I’ve yet to watch the BBC documentary Extreme Ironing: Pressing for Victory, but the title alone is enough to brighten my day.

For those more musically inclined there’s also Extreme Cello Playing.

So here’s the question: What activity would you like to take to the extreme?

No comments:

Post a Comment