Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Houston to Austin 2013 MS 150

Once again I am riding the BP MS 150 from Houston to Austin (it is actually closer to 177 miles but I guess the MS 177 doesn't sound as cool).  

This year I am riding again with my daughter Kelli, her small group from her church and a new team - Team Saint Arnold.  Previously I've ridden as an individual (along with Hardie), as part of a team from a Health Club (Westside) and for a Hospital (Texas Children's).  Now I am part of a team from a brewery - which makes me wonder how they carb load...  But whichever team I ride with it is a lot of fun (even more now that Kelli rides with me) and best of all it is for a great cause.  

I'd love for you to consider supporting me on the ride with prayers, encouragement and a donation. Every gift (of any size) gets me and the MS Society closer to our goals.

Why I'm Moving Forward
It seems that every year as I am preparing to ride I meet someone else who is battling MS (that happened last week for this year's ride).  For those who don't know, Multiple sclerosis is a progressive neurological disease that affects people in many different ways. It could be paralysis one day, loss of vision the next or impaired memory the day after that. Living with MS means living with uncertainty. When it comes to MS, only two things are certain: 

Another American is newly diagnosed with MS every hour of every day.
Many people are joining the movement toward a world free of MS - Including me!

Why I Ride
I've registered for BP MS 150 to fulfill a personal challenge, and to help the National MS Society fund research, advocate for change, and help people with MS and their families lead powerful lives. This is the 4th year I am riding.  It takes a lot to get ready but I believe in the work they do and want to be an active part of it and again I would love your help. 

Here's How We Can Move Forward Together 
The Society organizes 100 rides nationwide. I will be riding in one of the largest from Houston to Austin.  I know Texas sounds flat - I can promise you that it's not - especially when you are pedaling a bike toward the beginnings of the Hill Country.  Plus what Texas misses in hills is often made up for by wind.  It's a challenging ride but it is also an important ride. The funds that are raised each year fuel research aimed at treating and eventually curing MS; they also provide crucial services for persons living with MS.

I am helping the National MS Society move forward toward a world without MS and making a difference in the lives of 400,000 Americans with multiple sclerosis.

You can join me simply by clicking on this link:  Help Doug Ride from Houston to Austin. (any gift of any size make a difference)









No comments:

Post a Comment