On any given night there are an estimated 1,500 homeless youth, ages 17-24, living on the streets of Houston. Within that population are young moms raising their children in this precarious environment.
Thankfully, there are ministries like Little Footprints.
The heart of Little Footprints is to reach the little ones of the streets of Houston through various means:
• Assisting the mother to become stable enough to raise her own children
• Placing her child/children in our Rescue Family Program through Loving Alternative, an adoption/foster agency
• Helping with practical needs such as diapers, wipes and formula, etc.
The goal of Little Footprints is: to love, bring acceptance to, give encouragement, and instill self worth and a sense of value into the street children, teaching them that they are special and that someone cares about them that they may become healthy citizens of society.
On Sunday morning, November 8 you have an opportunity to help Grace Presbyterian Church partner with Little Footprints to realize that goal. In our worship services we are throwing a Baby Shower for babies in need in Houston. We are inviting all who attend the shower to:
• Bring diapers, wipes or formula (or anything else a baby or young mom might need).
• Invite a friend to attend the “baby shower” with you.
Jesus welcomed the little children and on November 8 we get to show them all His love.
Share this opportunity with everyone you know!